Congratulations on your engagement…
This can be one of the most amazing times of your life, but it can also be filled with a lot of stressful decisions and anxiety. Weddings are involved, costly and filled with choices! Which is why hiring a wedding coordinator or planner might be the best decision you make on your journey to happily ever after! If you think you cannot afford a wedding planner or if you think it isn’t for you, consider hiring someone who specializes in day of coordination or partial planning. You will be amazing at how affordable it can be and how much less stressful they will make everything!
A great professional wedding planner is part unbiased gal pal, part style expert, part psychologist, part local expert and part shopping guru. She is detail oriented, organized, creative and extremely good at time management! While I think everyone deserves a professional wedding planner for their wedding, there are couples that should especially consider hiring one.
- Your wedding is being held out-of-town.
- You are on a tight budget.
- You are just too busy with your career, school, your friends, your family, etc.
- You or your spouse get easily stressed.
- Organization isn’t your strong suit.
- You don’t want your family and friend to have to “work” on your wedding day.
- Your just not that into it. It’s okay! Planning a wedding is not for everyone.
Here are five reasons that you should hire a wedding planner, brought to you by from Bliss Elevated Wedding Coordination.
1. Wedding Planners have access to a variety of vendors and know what type of discounts and perks are available. Great wedding planners have relationships with vendors so they can match you up with the best vendors for your wedding, budget and personality. Also, a vendor is likely to perform at an even higher level for you if you are working with a respected wedding planner. Think of it this way. You are a one time customer and wedding planners are repeat customers. Vendors want planners to refer them to more brides and they want to be featured on your Wedding Planners blog. Because of this you can get nice perks and the vendors work harder for you. Typically, wedding planners work with a variety of vendors and can narrow down the overwhelming options so you don’t waste your time considering vendors that aren’t a good fit or who are out of your price range.
2. A Wedding Planner will orchestrate your entire wedding and manage the flow on your wedding day. Let’s face it, creating timelines, floorplans and seating charts isn’t fun for most people. Wedding planners live for this stuff! They know how long things take, what your guests will be comfortable with and how much time your vendors need to do their best work. They know much space you need for the various parts or your wedding and what makes sense where. On the day of your wedding, they will make it all happen for you. They will be prepared with a backup plan for anything that might come up and they will have an emergency kit on hand with anything you might need. All you have to do is have fun and enjoy your special day!
3. A Wedding Planner will ultimately save you time and money. They will help you set your priorities, goals and budget. They have creative ways to help you create your dream wedding within your budget. They have the answers, they know the best magazines and blogs to find inspiration and they can provide these to you when you have questions. With a wedding planner, you don’t have to waste HOURS browsing endless blogs or worrying about any questions you have. All you have to do is ask! All of this, in addition to having access to vendor perks and discounts, equals a significant amount of time and money saved.
4. Wedding Planners and Coordinators are different from the event manager at your venue. They provide you with advice, support and knowledge throughout your planning. They are the point of contact for all of your vendors and they are looking at the overall experience for you and your guests on your wedding day. The staff at your venue may be working with 100+ couples at a time. Your planner is probably working with 10-25 couples and will be able to take the time to get to know you and understand your vision and needs.
5. A blissful bride is a beautiful bride. Knowing you have a professional on your side, looking out for your best interest while keeping your overall budget and vision top of mind, will help you sleep at night and have a lot more fun along the way. A planner can help you relax and enjoy planning your wedding, your rehearsal and your wedding day. Let’s face it, we all look better on the outside when we are less stressed on the inside. Your wedding photos are going to be around for a long time. A wedding planner can help you be your best self on your wedding day!
About Bliss Elevated
Bliss Elevated specializes in making weddings a truly magical experience by focusing on wedding coordination and flawless event execution. With their meticulous planning and impeccable attention-to–detail, they can help create a one-of-a-kind event that’s memorable for everyone – especially the bride and groom. Since 2006, Julie McKenney and her team have been helping couples relax and truly enjoy their weddings with an organized, professional and fun style.